Welcome to another wonderful release day. This day marks a milestone in ColdBox development as I deploy the new deployment formats and two separate products: ColdBox ColdFusion Framework and ColdBox Dashboard.
They are now two separate products with separate licenses and development timelines. So enjoy these new versions!!
Before the news and release notes I want to thank God for his wisdom in yet another action packed release and for giving me the projects to help the ColdFusion community. And now the news:
Brian LeGros Joins the ColdBox Team
I met Brian last year in Florida and met him again at CF Objective this year. We went over the entire roadmap of ColdBox and he decided to dedicate development time to the framework and has already come up with some exciting new features for the framework. He has over 7 years experience with ColdFusion and assorted web-based technologies,
employed by Central Florida Investments as a Technical Lead for the Web Development Team and has a degree from the University of Central Florida, BS in Computer Science. His Java and OO experience will bring new methodologies and technology to this framework. So please welcome Brian to this community effort.
Welcome to another release of the ColdBox framework. Below you will see a summary of all the fixes and new features this release now holds.
Updates and Enhancements
* All guides updated with new content and strategies.
* New Guides: Plugins Guide, Refactoring Guide
* RequestContext/Event Debugger Monitor : You can now see snapshots of the request context as it traverses executed events. Great for debugging changes in the request context. You can now monitor EVERYTHING!
* Custom Conventions : You can now choose your own application layout conventions. YES SIR!! Choose your own conventions and easily update them using the new ColdBox Dashboard.
* Modified Application Template, more generation via ANT, unit tests and consolidations. Yes, you heard me right, you can now do Unit Tests on Event Handlers!!
* Addition of Cache Object Expiration Dates to debugger, you can now see when objects will expire.
* Added Memento's to ColdBox Bean Objects
* Custom Exception Template Included in application template. WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER
* Config Override Variable - Choose your own config file from within the index.cfm. You can now choose to load any coldbox configuration file for your application. You can do multi-tiered configurations files and load them as needed. WOW!!
* Fixes for case sensitive OS's
* Timer Plugin extends fix.
* Cache Panel Monitor Not opening div Fix
* Samples gallery changelocale context fix
* Coldboxreader - ehUser.doLogin, context not found Fix
* Config.xsd - Change xs:sequence to xs:all
* XMLParser fails on file read for CFMX 6.XX
* Logger Plugin - init method fails if using as a new instance - check for coldboxlogslocation var
* beanFactory - not properly executing MIXIN or injected UDF's on CFC
* Debugger Panel CSS and HTML Cleanup
* Cache locking timeouts increased to 30 seconds
* Debugger fails when request.debugTimers is not set
* Critical Error when using Cache JVM Thresholds - 500 Error
* MS Sql 200 scripts for coldboxreader failed
* Galleon Admin Sample - Paging is invalid
* Login sample App Updated
* Refactor.xml - Errors on absolute prefixes.
* Bug Report/Debugger enhance to use request Context Methods
* Transfer Sample, MSSQL script is invalid
* Timer Fix - Initial testing logic for determining application in debug mode.
As you can see, action packed!! And now to a new generation of ColdBox IDE.
ColdBox Dashboard 2.1.0
The new dashboard has several internal fixes and the following enhancements:
* Framework Conventions: You can now change your application layout conventions right from the dashboard.
* Application Generator: Introducing the basis of RAD for ColdBox applications. You now have an application generator that will generate your basic application with several customizable features and even UNIT TESTS!!
Well, this wraps up another release day. Stay tuned as there are tons of more upcoming releases and plans for The Premier ColdFusion Framework, ColdBox!!